UFC 149 and Chilling in San Jose with Dominik!

Okay, so I'm back again with another blog post from San Jose, California. I will try to summarize the last few days, actually just our weekend now that I've finished writing it. I will save the last few days for the next blog post :-)
We've meet a lot of cool people on the mat and gotten the chance to hang out with them as well, its just been a really great time here so far!

This past weekend we had a plan of going to the beach Saturday in Santa Cruz which we were told is an awesome surf spot and a really nice beach and Sunday our plan was to go to San Francisco to check out out the city as its only located like 45 minutes drive from San Jose (without traffic jams), but it turned out to be a completely different weekend than what we had planned.

Saturday we started out with the morning class training at Caio's academy which was, as always, drilling a few techniques and a lot of sparring. After the class we went to something called Jamba Juice which has become our regular place to visit after each training, as they serve some absolutely amazing and HUGE acai smoothies. There's just nothing better after a hard summer training than getting a big delicious smoothie and the menu at Jamba Juice is much more than just an acai smoothie. You can get whatever you like with the classics fruits like strawberries, bananas, rasberry, peach, lime, oranges, passionfruit, mango, pineapple, blue berries and it goes on. To give you an idea here's some of the names of the smoothies, Caribbean Passion - Aloha Pineapple - Peach Pleasure - Strawberries Wild - Strawberry Surf Rider - The Protein Berry Workout - Acai Super-Antioxidant. 
It's just super nice and healthy stuff just the way I like it. I'm in love with Jamba Juice! :-)

Anyways, we went to Jamba Juice with Jeff who is a Black Belt and just an all around genuinely nice and super cool guy who lives here in San Jose and Dominik who is a blue belt from Switzerland, who's been spending a lot of his last time in San Jose with me and Anders giving us tips about the restaurants and other good information, and also he's just a super cool guy that we also have plans of hooking up with at the London Open later this year and the European Open next year. 
Our plan was to get some smoothies and hit the road towards Santa Cruz beach, but after hitting a traffic jam towards Santa Cruz we decided it wasn't worth going there and instead Jeff invited us to his house to see the UFC149 which was a super nice gesture that we obviously accepted, so we went to Jeff's house which is, to put it lightly, f******* amazing! He had the biggest kitchen ever and plenty of space for all of us in his living room and probably enough space for the whole academy to live :-)
So we spent the whole evening at Jeff's having a kickass barbecue and homemade salad while watching UFC 149. Unfortunately it was super boring so I wont even get into the event itself, you'll just have to check out for yourself. But thanks to Jeff for the hospitality! So awesome, and did I mention he has 45 square meter of mat in his basement? Yea, so sick!

Here's a picture of me preparing the salad and us watching the UFC. An awesome evening at Jeff's house!



On Sunday the plan was as I wrote above to drive to San Francisco, Me Anders and Dominik, but after the morning training at Caio's academy both me and Dominik was feeling too wasted to go there so instead me and Anders decided to check out downtown San Jose and found a pretty cool Chinese restaurant which served some really awesome food. The most noteable about this place was the fortune cookies we received afterwards. At first I was a bit skeptical because I don't really believe in stuff like this and that it could actually tell anything about my future or any nonsense like that, but I have to say that after we opened each our own I'm starting to think there's actually something to it, as both fortunes actually told something that was very true. Let me just say that Anders at time does come across of being a bit lost at times, ment in an positive and nice way :-) heheh... He doesn't remember anything about the places we've been and without me and the GPS in the car I really think he would be completely lost in this city, hehe! As I, without giving myself too much credit, always know where I am, have been and where I want to go, I make sure to take notes of important buildings and signs and other stuff... I just take notice of stuff like this.

Take a look what our fortune cookies had to tell us. Anders is the top one i'm the bottom one. So freaking amazing and in many ways so true! :-)  Sorry Anders, i know your reading this.. I still like you a lot and I'm having an awesome time with you here in San Jose! <3


After our early trip to downtown San Jose we decided to hook up with Dominik in the evening going for some Sushi at a nice little Japanese restaurant that Dominik recommended, and after that our plan was to go the cinema and watch a movie and just chill around a bit. Although we didnt get to watch a movie we had the chance to walk around this really nice and cool area with tons of cool shops and restaurants and people driving around their fancy cars thinking their all cool, which they probably are. We had a really nice frozen yogurt with lots of fresh fruits. It was probably the best yogurt I've ever had to be honest! Here's some pictures from our trip to the area of San Jose where the "cool" people hang out :-)




Now it's getting late and its way over way over midnight Tuesday, actually its Wednesday. I'm really excited about tomorrow as my girlfriend Sabine will be arriving from Denmark, she will spend the next 3 weeks with me checking out and training in California. I've been missing her a lot so it will be so awesome having her here! I'm really happy she enjoys training just as much as me, if not more for those who knows :-)  It will be amazing to share all these cool experiences with her! 

My next blog post will be about the black belt competition training that we went to the other day and Dominik's last day here in US. It's so sad that he's leaving, but his visa expired and he'll be leaving Wednesday afternoon. He's been a great help and really made our stay here much more pleasant and convenient. My blog post will also be about our visit to Buffalo Wild Wings where we celebrated Dominiks last day in the US.

Again, thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I really hope it's worth reading. I know there hasn't been much Jiu-Jitsu in my blog yet, but so far there has not been much Jiu-Jitsu to write about as it's been more about the great people we've met over here, just by being on the mat at Caio Terras academy and we've only had one black belt competition training so far. But tomorrow Wednesday (which it is already) I will go to another black belt training at 15.00, before I have to leave to the airport to pick up Sabine.

So to everyone reading, take good care of yourself, eat health and train some Jiu-Jitsu PORRA!

See you on the mat!

Michael

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar